This module introduces the students to the concepts and skills of system analysis and design. It includes expanded coverage of data flow diagrams, data dictionary, and process specifications.
It introduces also variety of new software used by analysts, designers to manage projects, analyze and document systems, design new systems and implement their plans.
- Understanding the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) process and methods used in software development.
- Understanding project management in software development and engineering projects determine the proper method of developing software.
- Understanding techniques to analyze and document system requirements.
- Able to document the needs of the system by using a standard UML (Unified Modelling Language) notation.
- IT Project Manager
- IT Manager
- System Analyst
- Business Analyst
1. Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design.
- The Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Systems Development Methodologies.
- Typical Systems Analyst Roles and Skills.
- The Unified Modeling Language.
2. Project Management.
- Project Identification.
- Feasibility Analysis.
- Project Effort Estimation.
3. Requirements Determination.
- Requirements Determination.
- Requirements Analysis Strategies.
- Requirements-Gathering Techniques.
4. Business Process Modelling.
- Business Process Identification with Use-Case Diagrams.
- Business Process Modeling with Activity Diagrams.
- Business process realization with sequence diagram.
5. System Design.
- Verifying and Validating the Analysis Models.
- Evolving the Analysis Models into Design Models.
- Packages and Package Diagrams.
- Object Identification.
- Class Diagrams.
6. Data Base Design.
- Designing Data Access and Manipulation Classes.
- Nonfunctional Requirements and Data Management Layer Design.
7. User Interface Design.
- Principles for User Interface Design.
- User Interface Design Process.
- Navigation Design.
- Elements of the Physical Architecture Layer.
- Infrastructure Design.
- Hardware and System Software Specifications.
- Managing Programming.
- Designing Tests.
- Developing Documentation
- Cultural Issues and Information Technology Adoption.
- Change Management.